Kitchen remodel costs can add up quickly, and it can be difficult to decide how much to spend on each element. Cabinets are more important than many might think, however, and should therefore be higher on the priority list. Generally, you should devote 30-35% of your remodel budget to cabinets. Exactly how much you spend on cabinets depends on several factors.
Balancing Cabinet and Countertop Space
When planning to remodel a kitchen, it’s crucial to think of how much space everything needs. You’ll need adequate space to store things in your cabinets and adequate countertop space on which to prepare meals. Countertops and cabinets can both have surprisingly high costs due to expensive materials and installation, so be sure to factor that into your kitchen remodel budget.
Pricing Your Kitchen Cabinets
While every renovation cost is different, kitchen cabinets may take up to 30-35% of your kitchen renovation budget. This number is dependent on several factors, including:
- How many cabinets you need
- The type of cabinet you choose—for example, open shelving or upper cabinets
- The style of cabinet you choose—for example, glass-front or shaker-style
- Custom-size or custom-shape cabinets
Cabinets are very precise storage options and need to be carefully crafted and leveled to fit your kitchen. You may be looking to save money, but cabinets are one element you absolutely should not skimp on. Custom cabinets, while sometimes pricey, can be the heart of a successful kitchen remodel.
Kitchen Remodeling to Suit Your Taste
When it comes to cabinets, there are three basic categories: stock, semi-custom, and custom. Stock The prices of these range from low on the stock end to high on the custom end. When estimating kitchen remodel costs, choosing the right cabinet type can make a big difference.
- Stock cabinets are the cheapest and are pre-manufactured in a limited number of styles and sizes. This is a cheaper option but may not work in every kitchen. Depending on your kitchen’s floor plan and dimensions, you may want more control over your cabinets’ design.
- Semi-custom and custom: Though they’re more expensive than stock, they offer the freedom to design cabinets that fit perfectly in your kitchen. By splurging, leaning more toward the 35% of your budget than the 30%, you can make sure your kitchen cabinets are exactly what you need and that they blend seamlessly in with the other elements of your kitchen.
Call Kitchen Design Solutions Today
Whether you’re allocating a lot of your budget or only a little to your cabinets, Kitchen Design Solutions is here to help with any kitchen remodeling needs you have in the Coastal Georgia area. Kitchen remodels are our specialty, and we’ll collaborate with you at every step to ensure that your new kitchen is exactly what you want it to be. We’ll work with you to design the kitchen of your dreams that meets your kitchen remodel costs expectations.
Give Kitchen Design Solutions a call today at (912) 349-2431 to schedule a consultation and get your remodel started!